The first days of school for our children are just around the corner. There are countless things that are prepped for going back to school. What supplies will our children need? From backpacks to pencils, we equip our them with everything they will need to do their best in the classroom.
One thing that often gets forgotten is how stressful school can be for children.
Children encounter obstacles and stress in their lives on a daily basis. Chiropractic recognizes three categories of stress that can affect your children at a young age: physical, emotional and chemical. Here are a few examples:
Physical Stress: Constant physical demands can create a negative compound effect on your wellbeing.
- Carrying a book bag that weighs more than their parents briefcase before they sit on a hard, wooden seat all day as they learn to read, write and do arithmetic.
- Arriving home from school with low levels of energy which creates opportunity for them to sit, rather than move the body, to watch a show or play video games.
Chemical Stress: Drinking, digesting, or breathing in substances that can create internal damage to your wellbeing.
- Eating a quick, low nutrient based breakfast to start the day.
- Drinking a sweet drink or snack when they get home from school to get them through the next couple hours of homework, chores, or being with friends.
Emotional Stress: Thinking or experiencing negative or worrisome thoughts can impact your wellbeing.
- During breaks at school, facing social demands when it comes to relationships with classmates or finding someone to sit with at lunch.
- Feeling stressed to perform well in classes, sports, or extracurricular activities.
At ChiroWay, we are here to give you and your children the opportunity to experience a higher quality of life through regular chiropractic care.
Children’s bodies have an amazing ability to adapt to stress, but as the demands and expectations increase in their life, they will need to cope with an increase of stressors just like adults do.
So, this year, make sure your children start the school year equipped with not only the right supplies, but the ability to handle the stress that will be put upon them. Make sure your daughter or son is seeing a chiropractor on a regular basis, just like you.
Ask your ChiroWay chiropractor today about the benefits of having your children under regular chiropractic care!