Marathon training has a variety of approaches, but all have a common theme to add weekly mileage to get your body adapted to running for long periods of time. When you complete your marathon training, chances are that your training has helped prepare you to successfully complete the 26.2 mile challenge.
Here is a chiropractic analogy in regards to marathon training:
Long Runs & Full Spine Adjustments
- The key to long runs in marathon training is to increase your endurance to help you adapt to running for long periods of time.
- The key to analyzing the full spine for optimal integrity is to allow the body to better adapt to stress in all areas of the spine.
Rest & Consistent Visits
- The key to rest in marathon training is to recover after the long runs and gather energy before the next one.
- The key to maintaining consistent chiropractic care is to include time in your care program for recuperative healing before the next adjustment.
Running Slow & Less is More
- The key to running slow in marathon training falls upon the objective of running: to complete a set distance (26.2 miles).
- The key to focusing on proper spinal alignment for optimal spinal integrity is in the objective of the care: to reduce the amount and severity of vertebral subluxation.
Cross Training & Additional Approaches
- The key to cross training in marathon training is to use slightly different muscles than the muscles used for running to create a balanced “cross” of the body’s muscles.
- The key to utilizing additional approaches to your wellbeing on top of your regular chiropractic is that your body has many areas that can benefit from becoming stronger physically and mentally while you work towards optimal spinal integrity.
Chiropractors have a variety of approaches to their recommendations for care, but they all share a common theme: it can take weeks, months or even years to allow your body to adapt to proper position in your spinal integrity. This happens through the consistent application of chiropractic adjustments.
Stick to the plan and have trust in your chiropractor’s recommendations that the program will produce positive results towards your wellbeing!
#TuesdayChiropracTIC #ChiroWay #Chiropractic